I took this “nerd” survey and now it’s your turn. Just cut out my answers and put yours there if you choose. I have no idea who thought of the questions.
1) Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed?
It’s a sliding door and I’ve never seen it closed.
2) Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from motels/hotels?
I traveled for twenty five years. I had thousands. Gave them as gift baskets.
3) Where is your next vacation?
A week in Arcata followed by a week in Napa.
4) Have you ever stolen a street sign before??
5) Do you have a calendar in your room?
I’m not sure what “my room” means. There is a calendar in the office and a calendar in the kitchen.
6) Are you reading any books right now?
Always….I’m reading “Memory Man” by David Baldacci, “How to Grow a Novel” by Sol Stein, “This Changes Everything” by Naomi Klein and “The Social Conquest of Earth” by Edward O. Wilson
7) Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
8) Have you ever peed in the woods?
Of course, who hasn’t? Everyone who ever lived for tens of thousands of years had no choice. Most of those times I had no choice. Like late last night.
9) Do you ever dance, even if there’s no music playing?
I might have done that decades ago, but don’t recall.
10) Do you still watch cartoons?
Not unless Family Guy is a cartoon.
11) What’s your favorite “love” movie?
Too many to list, but I’ll do a few. Casablanca, It Happened One Night, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The English Patient, An Affair to Remember, The Way we Were, (you’re right, hardly anything in the last thirty years…is that me or the movies?)
12) What do you drink with dinner?
Always water, sometimes wine, occasionally beer (depends on food)
13) What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?
I don’t eat em’.
14) What is your favorite food/cuisine?
Thai (used to be Sushi til I left the bay area)
15) Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
I wanted to be but the cub-scout den lady kicked me out. Far as I got. I probably deserved it. I think I punched her son.
16) Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Probably not, even if the market was clamoring for my nudie pic. I don’t care if you do though.
17)Can you change the oil in a car?
I can but won’t.
18) Have you ever received a speeding ticket?
I got ONE.
19) Have you ever run out of gas?
NO, but I know I’ve pushed my luck more than a few times.
20) Favorite kind of sandwich
Recently I’ve been in a “melt” funk. Anything “melt”…tuna, turkey, ham and of course the ultimate patty melt. However, a trip to “Moo Creamery” and I’ll try any of their concoctions.
21) Best thing to eat for breakfast
Meat and eggs, preferably in an omelette
22) What is your usual bed time?
11:30, but have been known to see the dark side of midnight
23) Do you have any magazine subscriptions
Always have. Esquire, New Yorker, Sun, Rolling Stone, Wired, Free Inquiry.
24) Who was better…Leno or Letterman?
25) Ever watch soap operas?
Never watched a daytime version. I thought this last season of Mad Men was a soap opera.
26) Afraid of Heights?
I love the views, but I sometimes get dizzy. I would never walk out on the glass plank hanging over the Grand Canyon.
27) Sing in the car?
Always have Always will
28) Dance in the shower?
Nope, never even thought of it. Can’t wait til tomorrow morning.
29) Ever used a gun?
Hunted a few times. Not for fifty years
30) Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Most seem to be. I’ve loved a few. Like them live.
31) Is Christmas stressful?
I enjoy the family time. It was stressful when I was lying to my kids about stupid Santa Claus.
32) Occupations you wanted to be as a kid
As a tiny kid my fireman/uncle sat me in a fire truck so fireman was probably first. Then I was sure I would be a major leaguer, then I was sure I’d be a priest, then I wanted to own my own business.
33) Do you believe in ghosts?
I don’t believe in any supernatural woo-woo.
34) Do you take a daily vitamin?
35) Wear slippers?
Rarely, but I have some gooey soft things I will slip on now and then
36) Wear a bathrobe?
Only the furnished ones in hotels.
37) Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target?
Do I have to? I guess Target
38) Nike or Adidas?
39) Cheetos or Freetos?
Freetos smell like wet dog hair. Cheetos taste like it.
40) Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
41) Ever taken Karate?
Should have. Get the shit beat out of me all the time.
42) Can you curl your tongue?
No, when I try it curls down
43) Ever won a spelling bee?
I was always a great speller. Never remember winning or entering one.
44) Regularly burn incense?
In the ‘60s dude.
45) Hot tea or Cold tea?
Mornings are for hot tea, especially chai. Ice tea for summer afternoons.
46) Favorite kind of cookie
It changes through the years. Right now, Oatmeal Raisin is #1
47) Can you swim well?
I wouldn’t drown, but not lifeguard well
48) Are you patient?
I could certainly improve
49) Ever had plastic surgery?
50) Black or Green Olives?
In a perfect world, neither. I do love those big Kalamata though
51) Can you knit or crochet?
52) Washroom or Bathroom?
In public I say Restroom, at home…bathroom
53) Who was your High School Crush?
Patty A. Still a good friend
54) Do you have kids?
55) Ever kissed someone of the same sex?
Hell yes! A kiss is a sign of affection.
ENJOY THIS LONG WEEKEND!!